Have you heard of Wealthy Affiliate but have no idea what it is. Would you really like to know how Wealthy Affiliate works and why it’s so popular?
There’s a good chance you may have seen WA promoted prominently, often from product reviews when you’ve been searching for a way to make money online. I’ve been a member of Wealthy Affiliate since 2014, so I can give you insights into how Wealthy Affiliate works.
With over 2 million of members, this really is the No.1 affiliate marketing training platform online. It stacks up against all other affiliate training, but the internal tools, resources and community are what set’s WA apart.
I understand you don’t want to spend the next half hour reading a long review,so, here’s a brief description of the various sections you will find on the inside of Wealthy Affiliate.
Sign Up Free
Who doesn’t like to try before they buy? WA stands by their platform and knows it’s the best out there. For this reason alone, they offer a free membership which includes most premium features for the first week.
Unlike just about all other online training programs, you will not have to give your credit card details to sign up. Only if you want to join Wealthy Affiliate as a premium member, will this be required.
Affiliate Marketing Training & Bootcamp
Wealthy Affiliate offers two training courses. First and foremost, the Online Entrepreneur Certification course, which teaches how to create an income producing website through affiliate marketing. This is designed to make you a success in any chosen niche.
Secondly, an Affiliate Bootcamp. This is for those choosing to build a website in the MMO niche. Making money online niche websites can take longer to start earning money due to the higher competition, but the course will advise the best way to go about this.
Both courses are available under the one premium fee, along with all tools and resources. Although much of the training lessons were created several years ago, they are in the process of updating any old content if it’s no longer relevant.
The main purpose of the training is to get you an income producing website via search engine rankings. This means ranking website articles highly in Google, meaning your website traffic is free. It’s a long term sustainable model that will work for many years to come.
To begin at Wealthy Affiliate, you’re going to require a website. This is where you get real value for money, because website hosting is included as part of your membership.
The first thing to do is use the ‘Site Builder’ to begin a new website for yourself. This is a simple 3 step process.
- Choose a Domain – You’ll have 3 options.
- a) On a SiteRubix subdomain. This is free and will have the suffix .siterubix.com.
- b) On a domain you own. If you’ve previously bought a domain name, you can use this here.
- c) On a new domain. You can elect to purchase a new domain here.
- Choose a Name – You’ll choose a name for your new website. This should tie in with the domain name you’re using.
- Build a Website – ‘Build My Website’ button to have your website automatically built in WordPress. You will have several recommended plugins automatically installed, along with security features.
Your new website will be added to your personal website list, with a username and password. You can now login and start creating.
Along with the website builder are several other internal tools that will help you along the way.
- Site Manager – All your websites listed with usernames, passwords and other relevant website details.
- Site Builder – As explained above.
- Site Domains – Where you can purchase a new personal domain if you don’t want to use a free siterubix. subdomain.
- Site Content – A dedicated area for writing new content articles. This includes free images via WA, and you’ll be advised how many words you’ve written. You can publish your articles directly to your website through here.
- Site Comments – Comments on a website are extremely helpful for ranking. The Site Comment area allows you to ask for comments from other WA members, and you can make comments on their websites. Submitting comments will earn you credits, and you can use these credits by asking for comments on your website.
- Site Feedback – Another way to earn credits and help out fellow members is to give constructive feedback on other WA member websites. Similarly to Site Comments, you can ask for feedback which will cost you credits.
- Site Support – Support for the hosting of your website. WA has an amazing support system in place. You will get instant help if you have any major issues with how your website is performing.
Your website is your biggest asset. It will be yours for as long as you keep it going, but these tools and resources can help with your website productivity.
I’ve explained how the website builder works. However, a visual representation is easier to explain. The video below displays just how easy it is to set up a website with the Wealthy Affiliate website builder.
Clearly, this is as simple as it gets to create a website.
Every single week, a prominent figure within the Wealthy Affiliate community called Jay, does a live training session. If you’re logged into your WA account, a notification will appear during the week to remind you of this live session. The title of the training session will give you an idea of what will be in store.
The live session is held on a Friday evening USA time, and any premium member can attend the live session by being logged in, anywhere in the world.
These live coaching sessions last for approximately one hour, with 20-30 minutes of Q & A afterwards. The topics include website help, ranking, keywords, social media and various other topics that help out the newer members with less experience.
Jaaxy Keyword Tool
Before Wealthy Affiliate became the platform that it is today, the owners created a keyword tool called Jaaxy. This keyword tool is still used today, and they’ve incorporated it into the WA platform.
Because WA teaches organic search engine ranking by using keywords in your articles, they provide this keyword tool as part of the premium membership.
Jaaxy gives you keyword ideas, shows you the competition you’ll be up against for the keyword, the chances of it ranking in search engines and how many times the keyword is searched each month.
There’s 3 membership levels of Jaaxy, but for any new members, the basic membership which is included is totally adequate.
Until 2019, it was only a pipe-dream to have this ‘Affiliate Program’ section included. Wealthy Affiliate have collaborated with all the major affiliate networks to provide easy access to various affiliate programs.
You can browse this section to find appropriate affiliate programs that will suit the type of website you’re creating. You will be shown which network to sign up to and apply for the program, and an approximation of the commission rate.
This is a complete time saver in my opinion, and a real game changer. Instead of searching in Google, then signing up to find the commission rates, you can get it all in one place. This has been a huge addition to the WA platform, and an excellent one at that.
WA Live Chat
At any moment in time, if you’re logged into your Wealthy Affiliate account, you can talk to other WA members and get their help and advice. Many WA members are extremely experienced and are willing to pass on their expert knowledge.
Down the right hand side of the main dashboard will be the live chat facility. You’ll notice constant conversation going on. You can join in and ask your own questions if you have any issues.
You can also access the live chat facility in a larger format from the dashboard fly-out.
The Wealthy Affiliate help center displays the various methods of getting help with your online business. The 4 main areas where you can seek assistance are as follows:
- Site Support – I’ve explained about WA site support earlier.
- Live Chat – As explained above
- Ask a Question – If you don’t feel comfortable using the live chat facility, you can always ask your question to the community. Wealthy Affiliate often send out emails to help community members that have questions, and your question will appear here. Then just wait for responses to come in.
- Private Message – If you want to ask a specific WA member a question, you can send them a private message. This includes me, so if you’re considering signing up to Wealthy Affiliate, I’ll be there to answer your questions.
Asking questions can often be forgotten when you’re plugging away building up your website. For most members, the training is sufficient enough to understand how this all works. From time to time though, you may just require minor guidance from somebody, and help is easily at hand.
Create With WA
Apart from the main dashboard inside of Wealthy Affiliate, there’s also a menu bar of icons along the top. Clicking on the first icon will display various ways that help the creation of your website.
- Blog at WA – The first 2 areas here are for internal use of the WA platform. The ‘Blog at WA’ icon will allow you to create a blog within WA. Many people blog about their success or how they achieved a certain task that may help others.
- Create Training – Again, within the WA platform you can create training of your own to help fellow members. For instance, you can create lessons on how to sign up to the Amazon affiliate program. This makes it easy for new members to follow along the instructions. I believe you have to have been a WA member for at least a few months until you can create training.
These other sections are to help you create your own website:
- Write an Article – Will take you to Site Content to begin writing a new article for your website.
- Build a Website – Will take you to the Website Builder to create a new website.
- Find a Domain – Will take you to Site Domains to search for a new domain name.
I’ve mentioned credits earlier when you want comments or feedback on your website. Well, there are two types of WA credits in the platform.
- Cash Credits – WA cash credits are an internal currency that can be earned, bought and used. They can also be exchanged for cash, and each WA credit is worth 0.50c. You can use your cash credits to pay for a new domain name, or alternatively, use them to get comments or feedback on your website.
- Affiliate Credits – WA affiliate credits are earned when you refer a new person to Wealthy Affiliate. However, to cash them out, you will need a minimum of 40 credits to have been earned, and a 5% Starter to Premium upgrade percentage maintained.
These are all an added bonus if you ask me. They are designed to help others within the WA community, which most people do anyway.
Super Affiliate Conference
Okay, I just want to finish on a bright note if you think you can excel at affiliate marketing. While the Wealthy Affiliate platform is designed with teaching newbies to become a successful affiliate marketer, there is an incentive for those wishing to get stuck into the Affiliate Bootcamp.
It’s based around the make money online niche, and part of that involves promoting the Wealthy Affiliate platform itself. Not that it needs much promoting, because I believe it’s great value for money, especially as it includes the hosting costs which you’ll be paying elsewhere anyway.
So, WA has a super affiliate conference in Las Vegas every year. This conference is for the highly successful affiliates that can obtain 300 new WA premium members within a calendar year.
Should you be able to achieve this, you’ll be given a free trip to Las Vegas, all expenses paid, staying in a luxury suite at the MGM Grand. You’ll rub shoulders with the owners of Wealthy Affiliate, and other successful members. This is also a great chance to see what WA has installed for the coming years.
The 2020 Super Affiliate conference has just wrapped up, and you can see some of the posts here:
So, if you’re keen to become an affiliate marketer, then I’d have no hesitation in recommending Wealthy Affiliate. This is the ultimate affiliate marketing training platform that can get you on the road to success.
Before you think this will be a piece of cake though, you need to think about this. The affiliate marketing principles are easy to learn, but keeping motivated and persistent can be challenging for many.
Lots of people think you will be making money within a couple of months. Guru’s will advertise their own products that say this is achievable, but they are lying. They will say what YOU want to hear. The truth is, you need to work hard at this.
You need to take action on the training, and stay motivated for the long haul. Sure, you may earn a few dollars within a couple of months, but the chances of you leaving your job within that time is slim.
Affiliate marketing is a wonderful way to make money online, and the opportunities are becoming even more widespread due to most companies having an affiliate program. Put in the hard work initially, and the rewards will come. Be patient, be determined, be motivated and you’ll be a success.
Like many people, I struggled in my early attempts to make money online. It's really frustrating when you try product after product, searching for that elusive opportunity that is really genuine.
Eventually though, I learned how to achieve success in the online world with my own website. This website was created to show others how to do it. I direct people away from the poor opportunities and advise the good ones.
But the simplest and least complicated is [Learn more...]
Disclosure: Links in this post may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links will not cost you any more. More info at my disclaimer page
The opinions in this article are solely mine, are are not intended to offend or discriminate. All information in this review has been researched on the public domain of the internet.