Disclosure: Links in this post may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links will not cost you any more. More info at my disclaimer page
The opinions in this article are solely mine, are are not intended to offend or discriminate. All information in this review has been researched on the public domain of the internet.
12 Minute Affiliate review
I welcome you to my website to read this 12 Minute Affiliate review. I’ve recently been alerted to this product and have been asked if it’s a good opportunity to make money as an affiliate marketer. Many people are sceptical before signing up to programs like this, which I appreciate.
So, is 12 Minute Affiliate a scam, or a good opportunity to learn the art of affiliate marketing? I’ll run you through what I know, and offer you some good advice in regards to the affiliate marketing industry. After all, this is the method I use to make money online, so I know a bit about it.
Let’s dig in, and see what 12 minute Affiliate can offer you.
Tired of seeing Scams or endless fraud sites?
12 minute Affiliate Summary
Product Name: 12 minute Affiliate
Founder/Owner: Devon Brown
Product Type: Affiliate Marketing.
Price: $47 per month (Trial $7.95 for 14 days) + Upsells
Program Summary: In my opinion, 12 Minute Affiliate is not a scam. It’s a genuine system to make money via affiliate marketing. However, it’s not the best platform and uses alternate website traffic methods that can be risky. This platform excludes the best form of web traffic (free organic through search engines), and focuses more on paid advertising via solo ads. It’s also too expensive for my liking. My No.1 recommendation below is much better value for money.
Would I Recommend It: No
What is 12 Minute Affiliate
So what are we being told on the 12 Minute Affiliate sales video that introduces us to this system? Well, you’re told that with a few clicks of your mouse, you’ll be able to set up a copied system that will allow you to pocket $460 per day.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a complete newbie or if you’ve constantly failed in the past, apparently this is the exact system you never knew you always wanted.
12 Minute Affiliate will give you the obligatory dream lifestyle pitch, imagining what you could do with all the money you’ll be making with this system. I really don’t like this type of sales pitch, as it makes the program sound like a scam.
Testimonials will be displayed to you, claiming they’ve all made money with 12 Minute Affiliate. You’ll hear exactly what you want to hear, that some members were able to make their first commissions in their very first week.
Now is when you’ll hear why this system works over all other systems. Here’s the explanation:
- It takes the guesswork out of getting everything setup, running, and getting results – Quickly.
- With this system, you’ll never have to wonder ‘what do I do next’.
- You’re told this is a ‘done for you system’.
And then comes the typical story about how Devon says he hopes you haven’t screwed up as badly as he did.Then comes the story about how Devon failed and became bankrupt.
Then comes the secret you’ve been waiting for. The secret that will blow your mind like it did Devon’s. This secret is……AFFILIATE MARKETING. Yeah, not such a big secret is it.
But that’s not the only secret, Devon also found a secret workshop that allowed him to go from making zero sales in affiliate commissions, to making $460 per day. This was all due to a done for you automated system that does all the hard work following up prospects, and selling affiliate products automatically for you.
So, will 12 Minute Affiliate be exactly what you’re looking for?
How Does 12 Minute Affiliate Work
12 Minute Affiliate is a legitimate online program that makes it reasonably easy for new affiliate marketers to get started. You’ll have access to a full members area that offers you various sections to build your own done for you affiliate funnel website. However, I will tell you that this will not take you 12 minutes to setup. It will take a lot longer than that, and take a bit of integration to get started.
There’s step by step getting started videos that will run you through various elements of the setup process. You’ll be learning how to integrate affiliate links into your website funnels, hence you’ll be joining affiliate networks such as Clickbank.
Integrating an email autoresponder is another necessity when it comes to affiliate marketing, and the 12 Minute Affiliate system will show how this is achieved. As of writing this, only Aweber is available but I understand that Get Response and Mailchimp will be options down the track.
You’ll find a series of funnels that you can download and activate for immediate use. Step by step documentation is also available, as is 1-on-1 coaching if you’re still unsure how this all works.
Many of the funnels that you’ll be promoting will be to get others to sign up to 12 Minute Affiliate. I recently reviewed Profit Accelerator, a 2 page funnel that directs people to the 12 Minute Affiliate home page. The image below shows the Profit Accelerator funnel site.
So, Devon’s idea is that you’ll create lots of these small funnels systems that will be directed to his 12 Minute Affiliate platform. You’ll create commissions out of this, so there’s no problem there. I’m just pointing out the main motive behind this.
Real Cost of 12 Minute Affiliate
This sort of blew me away when I first saw how much 12 Minute Affiliate will set you back. The reason for this is that I’m a member of Wealthy Affiliate, an alternative program that has one member fee and teaches a lot more than 12 Minute Affiliate does.
So, let’s go through the costs.
- Initial fee $7.95 (This seems to vary)
- Ongoing Monthly Fee $47
- 1 on 1 Coaching $297 for 3 x 1 hour coaching sessions
- Upsell 1 – 3 x Your Results Blueprint $39
- Upsell 2 – Done For You Setup (Inside members Area) $67
- Upsell 3 – 3 Done-For-You Top Niches $97 per month
- Upsell 4 – Lifetime Access $397
- Upsell 5 – 3 Done-For-You Niches & Lifetime Membership $797
As you can see, I was charged $7.95USD + GST (Goods & Services Tax AUS), whilst others have stated that the initial cost is $9.95USD. However, the basic cost below states you’ll be only paying $4.95 initially.
As you can see, this is not going to be a cheap experiment, especially if you want done for you funnel systems.
12 Minute Affiliate Likes
- I do appreciate the members area which seems easy to navigate and find what you’re looking for.
- Incorporating an autoresponder to capture visitors emails is a crucial aspect to this type of income stream. I like that they’ve shown how this is integrated.
- The affiliate marketing method is a genuine way to make money online
12 Minute Affiliate Dislikes
- The best way to gain website traffic is to NOT have to pay for it. 12 Minute Affiliate focuses more on solo ads to gain traffic because it can attract traffic quicker. However, it also comes at a cost, and can be quite volatile through testing phases. The lack of organic traffic training is a concern for me, as this is a long term sustainable model of website traffic. There is a PDF download that offers a general free traffic advice, but it’s not real training.
- The main training is geared towards setting up with their system, rather than teaching how to create your own website, and learning how you can integrate your own plugins etc. There’s also no training on writing content and building this as your own asset to promote your own niche.
- The sales video suggest you’ll be making $460 per day, maybe even more. While these claims are valid for an affiliate marketer with a solid website foundation that Google trusts, it’s not realistic for this system, certainly early on.
- I believe the cost of this program is way over the odds for what you are receiving. As I’ve outlined the costs above, my No.1 recommendation costs $49 per month (or $359 annually) and includes way more. Oh, and there’s NO upsells.
- I don’t believe that you’ll have as much control over your own online business, as you would if you begin your own niche website.
Is 12 Minute Affiliate a scam? No it’s not. Is it the best affiliate marketing program out there? Not by a long shot.
Devon Brown is a product creator and affiliate marketer who has created this platform for those struggling to make money online. That’s all good and well, but I don’t feel he’s giving you the best option to succeed.
To get ahead with this system you’ll be advised to use solo ads. These can be bought through platforms such as Udimi, and the costs can quickly add up. The idea is that you rent out other people’s email lists to send promotional emails to your website funnel. You’ll pay whenever somebody clicks on a link in the email, not when they purchase anything.
This can be very ‘hit and miss’, and it’s quite possible you may get hundreds of clicks with no referrals.
In my opinion, the better option is to create your own online website and learn how to get your articles ranked in search engines. This is the best type of website traffic for 2 reasons. Firstly, it’s free. Secondly, it will stay ranked in search engines for as long as you keep your website active. By this I mean constantly adding new articles or modifying old ones.
A Better Approach
I also believe that for the money you’re paying, Wealthy Affiliate is a better option. WA has no upsells, and incorporates multiple tools to help you succeed long term.
I noticed that 12 Minute Affiliate also has a Facebook Page, but as I write this, only stands at 349 members. While this is good to collaborate with other members, it’s nowhere near the size of the community at Wealthy Affiliate, which is in the hundreds of thousands.
If you want to get a handle on how affiliate marketing works and the steps you should take, read my beginners step by step guide to affiliate marketing article.
In conclusion, I’d just like to point out that the affiliate marketing model is a genuine and sustainable method of making money online. Unlike eCommerce, the benefits are that you will not have to store inventory, deal with customer service or product returns, these are all taken care of by the store merchant.
With over 2 billion people online and a huge percentage of that figure making online purchases, the opportunity to make money through affiliate marketing is as high as it’s ever been. This is the model of income wealth I chose, and you can read more about how it works by reading on below.
Like many people, I struggled in my early attempts to make money online. It's really frustrating when you try product after product, searching for that elusive opportunity that is really genuine.
Eventually though, I learned how to achieve success in the online world with my own website. This website was created to show others how to do it. I direct people away from the poor opportunities and advise the good ones.
But the simplest and least complicated is [Learn more...]